I’m glad to be a teacher (trainer), but like many of us, I also sometimes have my doubts. This post by @michiforniagirl describes 7 guesses why you – as a teacher – sometimes are thinking about quitting.
The 7 guesses are:
1. You are an “authority figure” with no real authority.
2. Your day does not resemble that of a typical white-collar professional.
3. Everyone thinks they know how to do your job. EVERYONE.
4. You wanted to foster imagination, not slaughter it.
5. The technology obsession is making you CRAZY.
6. All the entitlement and the trophies and the apathy and whatever.
7. There is no reliable way to assess who is ACTUALLY good at this.
Not al guesses are mine, but I do recognize a lot and I’ve heard all of them many times. Moreover, I think the piece can feed some important discussions and can also be food for thought for people both in and outside education.
And the most importance part of the post?
But if these are the reasons you might leave, here is the reason you might stay: the kids, man.
Very true. So read the post!